Minnesota, and Minneapolis as well, are the harbor for some of the country’s best tattoo shops and artists, which also make the Mini Apple highly competitive in the tattoo industry, compared to other tattoo-rich cities and states.
Chances are, if you’re reading this, you’re thinking about getting tattooed in Minneapolis, and you’re definitely at the right place for your research. In the following paragraphs, we’ll present you with some of the best tattoo shops in the Mini Apple and talk about their services in depth. So, without further ado, let’s get into it!
- Qualifications and experience – award-winning tattoo studios, studios with licensing, and accreditations to prove education, experience, safety, and health-protective measures, as well as other qualifications.
- Reputation – most-visited tattoo studios in Minneapolis, with exceptional public and online presence; ratings and comments proving excellent customer service and experience.
- Professionalism – tattoo studios providing a reliable service, judgment-free environment, accepting of everybody (different body types, wheelchairs, etc.).
- Responsiveness and availability – tattoo studios with the best approach to the customers; responsive, approachable, and available staff.
- Service variety – tattoo studios with different service options, from custom tattoos, cover-ups, and touch-ups, to permanent makeup, piercing, and body art or body jewelry options.
Top Choices For Tattoo Shops in Minneapolis, MN
Tattoo Shops in Minneapolis – Beloved Tattoo and Removal Studio
- Location: 3092 Lexington Avenue North Roseville, MN 55113
- Website: https://belovedstudios.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/belovedstudios/
- Services: Full custom tattoos, custom designs, tattoo touch-up, tattoo removal, variety of tattoo styles
If you want to get a high-quality, custom tattoo in Minneapolis, you need to go to the Beloved Tattoo studio for the best results. At this studio, you can expect super friendly and laid-back staff, but extremely professional and safety-oriented experts who will do everything it takes to get your dream tattoo a reality.
The staff is always client-oriented, so you can expect exceptional service. The in-house artists at the studio are incredibly talented and creative, and always provide their finest work; every tattoo is done with 100% of everyone’s capabilities.
What is also interesting about Beloved Tattoo studio is that the tattoo artists generally work together, consult each other and try to determine the best possible designs and tattoo outcomes for the clients. Also, everyone is welcome to this studio; regardless of your size, shape, gender, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and race, you can expect friendly and respectful treatment.
Broken Hearts Tattoo Club
- Location: 635 Northeast Lowry Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55418
- Website: http://brokenheartstc.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brokenheartstc/
- Services: Full custom tattoos, custom designs, body art, tattoo touch up and cover-up
If you’re looking to get a highly detailed tattoo and you want it in a specific style, then make sure to check out the Broken Heart Tattoo Club. At this studio, your tattoo will be done by exceptionally talented tattoo artists, who have years of experience in different tattoo styles. The staff is super friendly and welcoming of every client; there is no room for discrimination here.
The Broken Hearts Tattoo Club is a small studio and comprises a small team of in-house artists. However, there are always guest tattoo artists to freshen things up and ensure clients also get tattooed by world-renown tattooists. Generally speaking, the studio only welcomes award-winning tattoo artists from around the world.
This tattoo studio has an excellent reputation in the city, so you know you’re in good hands. The client is always in the first place, and the staff is highly professional and skilled. We just can’t emphasize enough how good of a studio this is, so you’ll have to check it for yourself as well.
Tattoo Shops in Minneapolis – Leviticus Tattoo Studio
- Location: 4109 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Website: https://www.leviticus.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leviticustattoo/
- Services: Full custom tattoos, custom designs, body art, tattoo touch up and cover-up, tattoo removal, body piercing
In our humble opinion, Leviticus is probably one of the best, most wholesome tattoo studios in Minneapolis. The tattoo studio comprises some of the best tattoo professionals in the state and provides full tattoo service at its highest quality.
The staff is completely client-oriented and ensures a hand-drawn sample for clients before tattooing. There is also an array of services, from consultations, sample-drawing, client approval, to tattooing and body piercing. You can get your tattoo removed at this studio as well.
We do have to mention that this tattoo studio is pretty strict about appointments. They do not offer walk-ins, especially because of the COVID situation. Also, when you’re visiting Leviticus, make sure to come alone and wear a mask, especially if you’re not vaccinated. The studio cares about its clients, but the safety of the staff is also essential.
Rose of No Man’s Land Tattoo & Piercing Studio
- Location: 1815 Radio Drive Woodbury, MN 55125
- Website: https://www.mnrose.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roseofnomansland/
- Services: Full custom tattoos, custom designs, body art, various tattoo styles, ear/nose/eyebrow piercings
The Rose of No Man’s Land is Minneapolis’ most available and accessible tattoo studio. Open 7 days a week, this studio offers appointment-based visits as well as limited same-day visits or walk-ins. The staff of the studio is exceptional; you will be tattooed or pierced by highly professional and talented people who have years of experience in the industry.
At this studio, you can get basically any style or kind of tattoo you want. The in-house tattoo artists specialize in styles like neo-traditional, Americana or traditional, watercolor, realism, etc. When it comes to piercing services, you get to choose among some of the highest-quality jewelry, made of implant-grade titanium, stainless steel, platinum, or solid gold.
Overall, the tattoo studio is super welcoming to everyone. Regardless of your body size or shape, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or race, you will feel at home at the Rose of No Man’s land. There is no room for discrimination at this studio.
Adam Chiodo Ink Tailor Studio
- Location: 5001 University Avenue Northeast Columbia Heights, MN 55421
- Website: https://www.inktailor.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inktailor/
- Services: Full custom tattoos, custom designs, tattoo cover-up, variety of tattoo styles
The Ink Tailor tattoo studio is a truly unique place. The owner of the studio, and an exceptional tattoo artist himself, Adam Chiodo, has created a place that lives and breathes tattoos. With over a decade of experience, Adam has managed to specialize in numerous tattoo styles, build his own brand and establish himself as an artist and painter as well.
At the Ink Tailor studio, you will most certainly have a unique tattooing experience. The focus is always on the client and the client’s vision of the tattoo; so, you’ll have a say throughout the whole process. Also, the focus is on safety and the comfort of the client, so you’ll feel at home for sure.
Because of the small team (Adam Chiodo, and two other exceptional tattoo artists), there are no walk-in or same-day appointments available. For custom tattoos, you’ll have to wait for your appointment, so the whole process can go as smoothly as possible.