For most of us, our crate and barrel metal bed frame is the largest item and the focal point in our bedroom when ever you want to create an opulent hotel room look, an ultra-modern look or prefer a vintage-inspired scheme.
However, it’s not just looks you need to consider, or whether it fits in with the rest of the décor in this most personal of spaces. Comfort and storage options are just as important. Whether you’re looking for a king-size bed for your master suite or a single bed for a kid’s room, we have a guide and some shopping tips to help you create the ultimate place to unwind.
1. Crate and barrel metal bed frame: What are the latest bed designs?
The newest trends for beds include opulent upholstery and sleek, classic wooden frames. It’s the little details that really count, so look for metal accents and leather trims that give ordinary bed frames a distinctive, unique look.
- Premium features like wooden legs or natural linen upholstery will bring warmth and texture to your scheme
- An upholstered or wood headboard is a quick way to update a plain bed frame
2. How to choose the right bed for your room
Once you’ve decided on the look you want to achieve, it’s time to get practical. The first thing to think about is the size. Measure up your room and think about the other pieces of bedroom furniture you need to include. Generally the bigger the bed, the better you’ll sleep. But if you buy a bed that is too big, it can make the room look small and cramped. You’ll also need to make sure you can get it through the door!
- If you want something bigger than a double bed, a queen-size bed could be a good compromise. Smaller than a king, there’s still plenty of room to stretch out.
- In petite rooms, maximise space with a storage bed. These cleverly conceal useful drawers under the bed.
- Other smart designs incorporate features like a shelf for storing books at the foot.
- Remember to leave enough room around the edges of your bed so you can move around without tripping over.
3. Crate and barrel metal bed frame: Divan or bedstead?
When you’re looking at beds you’ll have two choices. A divan base normally reaches the floor, or opt for ultra-modern ‘floating’ designs. Divans have a solid base that your mattress sits on and are suitable for all mattresses.
A bedstead normally has legs with space underneath where you can see the floor. The mattress rests on top of slats, which may be rigid or sprung. Check that the gap between the slats is not too big to help to reduce wear and tear on your mattress. If you’ve opted for a memory foam mattress, again slats mustn’t be too far apart.
4. What is the best option for buying a bed online?
If you’re buying a bed or bed headboards online, make sure you carefully check dimensions first. At Crate and Barrel, you’ll find all the essential details that you need to make the right choice. And with free delivery, getting your new bed couldn’t be easier too.
Take a look online or head over to one of our Dubai stores to see our exclusive range of premium beds for sale and co-ordinating bedroom sets. You’ll also find a choice of gorgeously comfy mattresses. They’re sized to fit our beds perfectly and make it even easier for you to achieve a dreamy night’s sleep.