Smartphones have come a long way since their inception, so much so smartphone owners can play games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and Asphalt 9 on the go. Playing quality games was a faraway dream before, but not anymore. Considering this, it should not come as a surprise that smartphone owners can now play Xbox games, too.
Believe it or not, smartphone owners can play Xbox games on their smartphones. Interestingly, a high-end smartphone is not require to play Xbox games, thus allowing more smartphone owners to check out the fantastic game library that Xbox offers. That being said, this guide will cover everything there is to know about playing Xbox games on smartphones and other helpful tidbits.
How to Play Xbox Games on Phone via Remote Play
Android and iPhone owners can play games on their respective devices via Remote Play. Remote Play is the easiest and quickest way to play Xbox games on an Android phone or iPhone without requiring an Xbox Game Pass subscription. However, an Xbox console will be required to stream games to an Android or iPhone.
To play games on a smartphone, follow these simple steps:
- Power on the Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Access Profile > System > Settings > Devices and Connections > Remote Features.
- Locate Power Mode and select Instant On.
Now, the Xbox controller has to be paired with the phone by following these steps:
- Access the phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Press the Pair button on the Xbox controller for three seconds.
- Search for the Xbox controller on the phone under pairable devices.
- Select the Xbox controller to pair it with the phone.
Once the Xbox controller is paired with the phone, follow these steps:
- Download the Xbox app from Google Play or App Store.
- Access the Xbox app and log in.
- Select My Library > Consoles.
- Select the Xbox console to start playing games on the phone remotely.
How to set upXbox Gameson on xCloud
An Xbox console is not require when attempting to play Xbox games on a phone via xCloud, but an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is a must. Additionally, a stable internet connection is required for a seamless gaming experience.
Note: Cloud gaming is not available in all regions.
To play Xbox games on a phone via xCloud, follow these steps:
- Get an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
- Download the Xbox Game Pass app on the Android phone or iPhone.
- Access the Game Pass app and select a game from the list of games available for streaming under the Cloud tab.
Note: Follow the instructions provided above to connect an Xbox controller to an Android phone or iPhone.