Do you frequently misplace where you’ve put your iPhone? You’re not alone, but your Apple Watch can help you find it quickly. If you often ping iPhone from Apple Watch, you’ll discover that this is one of the most useful aspects in your daily life.
But, how to ping iPhone from Apple Watch? Let’s find out.
How to Ping iPhone from Apple Watch
Follow these simple steps to find your misplaced iPhone:
- Swipe up on the home screen of your Apple Watch to access the control center.
- If the iPhone icon is gray, this indicates that your phone is still link to your Watch. When you press the icon, your iPhone will make a beeping sound.
- If you press and hold the same icon, it will make a beeping sound along with a flash going on and off. It can help you find your phone in the dark.
- When you press the green iPhone icon, it will turn blue for a brief moment and ping your iPhone. If it takes more than one beep to find your iPhone, press the button again to find your phone
Quick Note: If you are unable to press the gray icon, it means that either your iPhone is switch off or it is out of the Bluetooth range and you cannot ping iPhone from Apple Watch. So, the most effective way to find your iPhone, in this case, is to use iCloud.
Why Is My Apple Watch Not Pinging on My iPhone?
Occasionally, when you try to find your iPhone from your Watch, it won’t work and it can get frustrating. Here are a few reasons you cannot ping iPhone from Apple Watch.
- Your connection is weak. Both the Apple Watch and iPhone are connected to each other via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. If either one of them has an issue, pinging your iPhone becomes difficult.
- If the Airplane Mode is activated, you cannot ping iPhone from Apple Watch.
- If the software on either one of the devices is outdated and you haven’t updated them, it might affect the connection.
How To Fix The Apple Watch Ping?
If you’ve found out that you cannot ping your phone from your Watch, you can fix it with simple steps. It is important to note that you’ll be access to both devices for these tips to work. Here are a few ways:
- Check whether the connection on both devices is proper. If not, resync your Watch and your iPhone.
- Switch off the Airplane Mode if activate
Reboot both devices as it not only fixes the connectivity issues but also a lot of common ones.
- Update the software on both your iPhone and Apple Watch.
If you find yourself misplacing your phone often then using this feature might come in handy. Whether you lose your iPhone under your couch cushion, beneath your car seat, in the laundry bin, or in a dark place, the beeping sound and the blinking flash can reunite you with your phone.
How to Ping iPhone from Apple Watch – FAQs
1. Why can’t I ping my iPhone from my Apple Watch?
- There could be a number of reasons why your Watch is unable to ping your iPhone. To begin with, the connection between your iPhone and Apple Watch may be poor. Your devices are linked by Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, and if the connection is weak, the Watch will be unable to ping your iPhone. The other explanations are that the iPhone is in Airplane Mode or that the software on either device is out of current. If your devices are experiencing any of these troubles, your Watch may fail to ping your iPhone.
2. How do I find my iPhone with Apple Watch?
- Swipe up on your Watch’s Home Screen to access the Control Center and search for your iPhone. Then, tap on the gray phone icon, and your iPhone will begin to beep. If you tap and hold the gray icon, the iPhone will beep and its flash will begin to blink. This feature not only helps you find your iPhone around the house, but it also helps you find it in dark locations.
3. How loud is Find My iPhone sound?
4. Can I ping someone else’s iPhone?
5. How to ping an Apple Watch from iPhone?
We already know that we can ping our iPhone with the Apple Watch. But if you are wondering if can I ping my Apple Watch from iPhone, it can be done with these few steps:
- Go to the “Find My App” on your iPhone.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password if require.
- On the list of devices, you’ll be able to see your Apple Watch.
- Tap on it to view its current location.
- After you tap on your Apple Watch, you’ll see an option to “Play Sound.”
- Once you tap “Play Sound,” your Watch will make a sound even if it is in silent mode.
- Tap on Dismiss to stop the sound.