Change your location on google maps very easily on your phone or laptop and other tools. Google Maps uses detailed maps and stitched-together satellite imagery to display houses, streets, and landmarks. Usually, this framework works well, but occasionally a structure may be in the wrong location or missing entirely, or an address may be listed incorrectly
How To Change A Location
To change your location on Google Maps, you can follow these steps:
#1. Open the Google Maps app on your device or visit the Google Maps website (https://www.google.com/maps) on your computer.
#2. Sign in to your Google account if you haven’t already.
#3. Search for the place you want to report by typing an address in the search field or by selecting the location on the map.
#4. Select Suggest an edit under the place’s description in the navigation panel.
#5. In the Suggest an edit box, select one of two options for editing the location: Change name or other details or Close or remove.
#6. Select Change name or other details to edit the location name, category, street address, map location, hours, phone number, and website URL.
- To change the name, category, or street address, click the existing information and overtype it.
- To change the location on the map, click the map section, and in the screen that opens, move the map until it’s positioned correctly. Select Done.
- Change the hours by clicking the arrow in the Hours section. Add a close-up photo that clearly shows the hours for Google to scan, or select individual days and change the hours. Select Done to save the changes.
- Enter or change a website’s URL by typing over the contents of the Website section.
#7. When you’ve made all of your edits, select Send.
#8. Select Close or remove in the Suggest an edit window to report a business or location that no longer exists. Then, select a reason for your suggested edit, such as Temporarily Closed, Doesn’t Exist Here, or Moved to Another Location.
Edit the location on google maps – FAQS
How to Change Your Home Address in Google Maps on Android?
- First, open the Google Maps app on your Android smartphone.
- Now tap on “Saved.”
- Tap “Labelled” under the “Your Lists” options.
- Now click on “Home,” and then on “Three Dots.”
- Click on “Edit Home.”
- Now add your new home address, or you can also drag the home pin to your home location. Then tap on “Save.”