Download YouTube Vanced APK is a popular modded version of YouTube. This page has installation instructions and download links for non-rooted devices.
YouTube Vanced used to be a popular modded version of YouTube. It added a number of features to the official YouTube app, including built-in adblocking, background playback, black/dark themes, and much more. However, note that YouTube Vanced has been discontinued as of March 13, 2022. You can check out other recommended YouTube Vanced alternatives. The article below remains for archival purposes.
Last version of Download YouTube Vanced APK
The last version of YouTube Vanced is 17.03.38. The changelog can be found below:
Changelog for YouTube Vanced 17.03.38
- Bumped base
- ReturnYouTubeDislike integration
- Channel whitelisting for video ads
- Improved ad-blocking
- Comments location (alpha) has been removed (because Google pushed new comments to tablet UI)
- Added tablet style under swipe controls for partially disabling recommended videos in landscape mode and other tablet styled UI
- Added support for themed icon (Android 13+)Main changes:
- Sponsorblock changes:
- Added support for channel whitelisting (see the “Channel whitelisting” toggle in sb settings)
- Added support for setting the minimum segment duration
- Added the filler category
- Replaced the “Change colors” button with a text field inside of each category’s setting
- 403 messages (warns, locked video/segment) will now be properly displayed
- Added an option to enable SB browser button.
- Option to change the API URL
How to install YouTube Vanced Non-root variant
Using Vanced Manager
The YouTube Vanced team had created a new, easier method for getting Vanced up and running. Users could simply install the Vanced Manager app and it would have facilitated the process of installing MicroG and YouTube Vanced. Support for Vanced Music, i.e., a similarly modded version of YouTube Music has also been there since version 1.3.0. The app makes it easy to choose which theme you want and to install future updates.
- Download the latest Vanced Manager from here on your Android device. Note that since Vanced is discontinued, you may not be able to find the latest Vanced Manager app. Please be careful of what you download and install on your device.
- Install the app and open it.
- Make sure to select “nonroot” during the initial configuration wizard.
- Tap “Install” next to MicroG.
- Follow the instructions to allow installing from unknown apps.
- MicroG will download and then you’ll tap “Install” when it’s ready.
- Next, tap “Install” next to Vanced.
- Select your preferred theme and tap “NEXT”.
- Select your preferred language and tap “FINISH”.
- Vanced will download and you’ll tap “Install” when it’s ready.
How To Install without Download YouTube Vanced APK Manager
- Install the latest Vanced MicroG APK if you want to log in with your YouTube/Google account.
- Find the suitable YouTube Vanced APK components for the target device and download them.
- Install the set of APKs using Split APKs Installer (SAI). You can download SAI from its GitHub repo, F-Droid, or Google Play Store.
Download YouTube Vanced APK Features
- Ability to blocks all videos ads.
- Optional AMOLED black theme to reduce eye and battery strain.
- Allows you to play videos in the background or in Picture in Picture (only on Android 8.0 Oreo and up).
- Swipe controls allow you to control brightness and volume like how it is in other video player apps (with configurable padding).
- Auto-repeat feature to enjoy videos like tiktoks/vines or simply continue playing a song on loop.
- Vanced allows you to override codec options (such as forcing H.264 for old devices)
- You can also force HDR playback or turn off 60fps if you prefer a cinematic experience with custom device configs.
- Force the default video resolution as high or low as you want and even override your screen resolution (e.g. 4K playback on any device).
- Change the default playback speed to anywhere between 0.25x to 2x.
- Allows you to toggle home ads, most UI ads, merchandise ads, community posts, movie upselling, compact banner info, remove comments entirely, compact movie, movie shelf removal and many more!
- Full integration with SponsorBlock so that you can skip sponsor segments, i.e. a YouTuber advertises a service or product in the middle of a video.
- Supports skipping other categories, such as intros, outros, and reminders to subscribe.
- Complete control over whether to automatically skip a segment category or show a button for skipping, or simply just not skipping it at all.
- Highlights the segment in the specific color based on its category in the playback timeline.
- Possible to submit your own segments to the SponsorBlock API and contribute to the wider community.