Budget Mattresses are notoriously expensive purchases. Thankfully, there are savings to be had by shopping online and having a bed delivered to your door. This bed-in-a-box concept grants you easy access to the best affordable mattresses available, along with generous trial periods to ensure that you’re satisfied.
Sleep Advisor has reviewed more than 70 beds, and we know that a budget-friendly price can be a big selling point. We’ve picked out our favorite cheaper mattresses that should help you rest easy and avoid sticker shock.
Highest Rated Budget (Cheap) Beds for 2023
1. Best Budget Mattress in a Box Helix Midnight Mattress
A queen-sized Helix Midnight shouldn’t cost you more than $1,500, and promotions that lower its price by hundreds of dollars are common. This fact is all the more impressive when you consider that it’s a hybrid model featuring both foam and springs. Therefore, we’ve awarded it the title of Editor’s Pick in this roundup of budget-friendly beds.
The springs are individually encased in fabric pockets to prevent too much motion transfer and provide targeted pushback. They’re also reinforced on the long sides of the bed, so if you roll to the brink of the mattress, you should still feel supported.
- As a hybrid bed, the Midnight gets a cooling boost from the airflow around its coils.
- The Helix Midnight comes with a 100-night trial, giving you more than enough time to decide whether you like this mattress before solidifying your purchase.
- You won’t sink very deeply into the Helix Midnight. If you want a bed that surrounds you with a cradling feel, try an all-foam model.
- Smaller sleepers may think that the Midnight is a trifle too firm.
2. Most Affordable Budget Mattresses for Side Sleepers Nolah Original 10″ Mattress
Side sleepers typically benefit from a mattress that’s plush enough for their hips and shoulders, both of which accumulate extra pressure in this position. We’ve rated the Nolah Original at a 5 on our firmness scale, which means it’s suitably soft without sacrificing crucial support elements.
The Nolah Original’s design begins with a soft, white, and breathable Tencel™ cover. Underneath it are two inches of proprietary Nolah AirFoam™, a material that reportedly improves on all the key functions of traditional memory foam, including cooling and cushioning. This layer houses microscopic air bubbles that help the foam to compress beneath you and spread your body weight evenly across the mattress.
- According to Nolah, AirFoam™ is a temperature-neutral material that can relieve pressure four times more effectively than memory foam—a big benefit for side sleepers.
- The layer of high-resilience foam gives this bed a bit more responsiveness than other all-foam models, which can lack bounce.
- The Nolah Original stands 10 inches tall, which gives it a lower profile than many other mattresses with more layers.
- Plus-sized sleepers and stomach sleepers may need more firm support than the Nolah Original offers.
3. Best Affordable Budget Mattresses for Active Lifestyles Bear Mattress
If you lead an active life, a comfortable mattress on which to recover can be hugely important. The Bear Original is design with both budgets and active individuals in mind: it’s price affordably and incorporates Celliant®, an innovative performance textile, into its cover.
By reportedly converting body heat into infrared light, this textile may increase localize blood flow and reduce inflammation inside the body’s tissues. In layman’s terms, these results point to effective and fast recovery after intense workouts. Additionally, Bear claims that the Celliant® can help you to fall asleep more quickly and stay asleep for longer.
- The Celliant® in this bed’s cover gives it a state-of-the-art edge, as there aren’t many mattress brands that have thought to use this material.
- The memory foam in the Bear Original’s first layer should satisfy sleepers who want to feel “held” by their bed.
- The Bear Original is 10 inches tall and has three layers, which means it isn’t a good fit for people who want an especially thick bed.
- Because it’s an all-foam mattress, the Bear Original won’t have a lot of springiness to it.
Best Affordable Budget Mattresses for Couples Brooklyn Bedding Essential
The Brooklyn Essential is a hybrid mattress that balances couple-friendly features with a budget-friendly price. In fact, it’s one of the cheapest mattresses on this list, with a full-price queen selling for less than $1,000.
The coils around the perimeter of the bed are thicker, which means you’ll have more room to spread out alongside your significant other without worrying about the edges dipping. Every spring is make of reliable, durable steel, and pocketed in its own sleeve so that it only compresses when pressure is apply.
The Essential’s medium-firm feel is mean to suit a broad range of comfort preferences, even if you and your partner are slightly misalign on the ideal firmness for a bed.
- All of the foams in this bed have a high density, which adds to its durability and performance.
- Brooklyn Bedding likes to keep a close eye on its products from design to delivery. Thus, the majority of the materials in the Brooklyn Essential are manufacture in-house.
- There aren’t many luxurious add-ons to this bed, as it’s mean to be a low-cost hybrid with comfort and durability as its main selling points.
- The Essential likely won’t isolate motion as well as an all-foam bed.